Canon Flashes: 430EX II & 540EZ Review

So I needed a flash for my DSLR, one that wasn’t built in so I decided to purchase the 430EX II for its affordable price of $240… ya its freakin expensive but it is a mid range price for a flash, the more expensive 580EX II is around $370. And for my secondary flash used in my wireless system I purchased a used 540EZ which has substantial power for the price. You can usually find 540EZ for about $80 or more.

430EX II is a good flash for new Canon DSLR users looking for a decent off camera flash but if you are looking for power or can afford to spend couple hundred dollars more I suggest 580EX II(Can be used as a master with 430EX IIs as slaves).
As for my 540EZ its simply a dumb flash that I am going to use for my Cactus V4 system, that is about it. The 540EZ will not work with DSLR in auto mode but it will work in manual mode. I also read somewhere if you attach your 540EZ on a Canon Digital EOS system it will brick it or blow up but that seems to be a myth, well atleast in my case… but I might have just been lucky. The 540EZ flash puts out substantial power for the money so my opinion is if you want a cheap CANON flash for a wireless system buy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment