Cactus V4 Review

I recently purchased Cactus V4 for my off camera flash solution. After in-depth researching I found Cactus V4 to be the right choice, there were many high end triggers and also a few cheaper triggers but none of it was the right one for me. The triggers I looked at were way too expensive or simply put ugly looking and cheap. Another reason why I looked into the Cactus V4
was because my roommate previously owned the V2s and had reasonable success with them.
I am by no means a pro so I won’t be dumping $400 plus to buy my gadgets. (unless it’s a lens)
I was initially concerned about the quality of the product but as soon as I opened it from the package I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality, the only part I have an issue about is the antenna on the trigger which is very flimsy. The two receivers also take two AAA batteries so that is awesome since you don’t need some flash battery or something.
I tested the two receivers and trigger even before I could even say oh-my-god. As I started shooting away for test shots I was impressed by it actually working! and I finished my sentence off with “this is f***ing awesome!”
So after my initial excitement I calmed down a bit and began to test to see if it had misfire issues… which it did but I read somewhere on flickr this was a problem that was caused when you have the receivers in close proximity so the solution is to move them further apart. (I know such a difficult concept right…) Well so it works when they aren’t too close to one and another, not a huge issue but might bug me eventually when I need the receiver close to one and another for macro shots or something but I will deal with that then.
Overall I would recommend the Cactus V4 system to any new photographer looking for an off camera flash system. Don’t be angry when it doesn’t work too well, you get what you pay for.
You can get these little puppies over at Gaget Infinity

No comments:

Post a Comment