Asus EEE PC 901 SSD: Super Talent FPM32GLSE Review

I own the Asus eeepc 901 XP 12GB which means the hard drive space is very limited for any type of operating environment. The netbook initially came installed with XP Home on the 4GB built in SSD, meaning there wasn't enough space so I had to install Ubuntu on it to make it a till more spacious.
The othe route I could have taken was using nLite to make XP smaller but I just thought it would be better to have linux at the time.

The main problem with the 901 XP 12GB model is that it comes with two SSDs one is a 4GB sodered part and the other is a  8GB PATA SSD. Meaning it is small which ever way you divide it, so I decided to upgrade my 8GB PATA SSD since it is a lot easier than having to mess around with soldering and opening up my eee pc. In my search for a perfect SSD replacement I found 32GB Super Talent FPM32GRSE but later I found an identical model with faster read write speed with minimal diference on the price so I decided to go with the 32GB Super Talent FPM32GLSE.

One thing to be aware is that you need a SATA drive if you want the installation of the harddrive to be smooth since with PATA you will run into the problem of Master/Slave complications with the built in SSD which is a Primary Master.

Replacing the unit was a breeze once I got it and with the increased space I decided to install Windows 7 on it and it works amazingly.

I strongly reccomend looking into an upgrade if you own the gimped Asus 901 series.

No comments:

Post a Comment